Wednesday, October 19, 2011

History

I have a playlist that I've been compiling for a while now. Currently, it has 142 songs. I titled it History. Basically, I go through my music and pick out all of the songs that have particular significance to me. Then, as I listen to it...it takes me on a ride through my life. It's pretty cool. I am thrown from one decade to another...and realize how resilient I actually was through all of it. Some great memories. Some, not so great. It's a cool experiment.  My heart grows and pushes through into different chambers as each song plays. Close friendships, loves, new friendships, hard times and times of great growth. The high school songs are still my favorite I think. I love the college songs, but in HS, I was just figuring out what groups and singers influenced me the most. Depeche Mode, REM, U2 and Edie Brickell--they just make me so happy. The Beatles are my life artists. They flow through each year and decade. Paul's voice just mends me. Simon and Garfunkel make me feel close to my parents. That's another thing...spirits come with the music. If I'm lonely...the spirits of my friends and family gather around. I can feel them. I feel close to them. It's amazing the journey the heart can go on...

No comments: