Wednesday, December 14, 2011

sugar plum fairies danced on my head.




Last night I went to see The Nutcracker performed by the New York City Ballet. It was broadcasted live from Lincoln Center. I sat in my $15 seat...a bargain as the seats in NYC can run you $150. I had a view from the stage. It was beautiful. I loved every minute. Next to me there was a line of little ballerinas from a troop here in town. They were in awe and got excited at every new scene. They were helpful actually as they knew every character and announced them for me..."ohhh! It's Coffee! It's Hot Chocolate! It's Candy Cane!" Coffee was quite a sexy dancer! She would definitely wake up anyone. The colors were from childhood. It was so much more enjoyable than anything I've seen in a long time.

Today, I woke up with a cold. I've been battling it now for a bit, but today it started to fight back. Jason had his work holiday party today. Could there be anything worse? The thought of chasing Z around and trying to be the sweet wife...and feeling like shit...and wanting to be in bed...was difficult, but I did it. Z was exhausted, missing her nap and was starting to lay on the floor under tables trying to sleep. Jason brought us home where we both took naps and he went back to the party. He's still not home.

We leave for FL next week. I can't believe Christmas is almost here. I haven't bought a single item. Nor have I worked on a card. We normally do New Year's cards because it works better. We are never that organized to get it out before the end of the year. Again, these families with multiple children astound me. The fact that we've already received cards from people is shocking.

Today I wish I had a nanny. I wish I could have lied in bed all day. I wish the nanny had done the dishes and made all of us comfort food. I wish she'd played with Zo' and kept bringing me tea. But, no.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pics.

Anonymous said...

great pics.