Tuesday, January 17, 2012

3:27pm

I just finished reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close--just about 4 minutes ago.

The journey of grief is different for everyone. You do what you have to do. You can't judge another. You can't want them to be different--you can't push them through it or push yourself. Just go through it. You have to do whatever you can to get through it.

When I think of Carrie, I think of how she would react to things I do. She keeps me honest.

When I think of my grandparents, I think of their laughter and their ability to make you feel like the most important person in the room. That is a great way to treat people.

When I think of Bill, I think of his smile, how he was always ready to chat about anything and how I never knew he was dealing with MS. He just enjoyed life.

When I think of Uncle Harry, I'm just sad that I really didn't know him. That makes me try harder with others.


No comments: