Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thoughts this dark Wednesday

The sun in not shining. It's warmer than usual. I'm worried that winter is almost over. We had 2 snows that counted. That's a bummer. I love being snowed in.  I love playing in the snow. I love the quiet in the evenings as it falls. I love the BLUE of the sky right before dark. Joan Didion writes about the blue nights of New York in her book, Blue Nights. It's lovely. I miss it this year.

Does this mild winter mean a hot summer? I hope not. This summer might get a bit uncomfortable...

Made it to the gym. I feel better now than before I went. That's always the goal.

It's already starting to get dark--it's not even 4:30 yet.

I have a secret.

Dustin comes in tomorrow morning. WAHOO. I'm ready.

Jason leaves for cold weather camping in the Adirondacks on Friday. I am NOT thrilled. They are hiking 3 peaks in the region...spending the night outdoors. The temps are below freezing. I wish he wasn't going. But, he is thrilled--and I've seen more camping/hiking gear in the past couple of days than I ever have. Ugh.

Z's moods are driving me bonkers. She is up and down...and then screaming...and then the most adorable child you've ever seen. It's so tiresome. Her vocabulary is great. She is a very funny little lady, too. We've got a lot of interesting thoughts and sentences ahead of us.

I got my hair chopped again...and darker. I love it.

Soon, I'll tell you my secret.

No comments: