Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's good, but it's not the same.

Growing up, you have your friends to yourself. You get all of their attention...and you get to do whatever you want. Even being single--same thing. Then, someone gets a boyfriend or girlfriends and screws the whole thing up. In HS, you had to fight for time. In college...the same thing. In your twenties you learn to intermingle your friends and your sigfig. But then comes the time of life when you have someone in your life that can't take a backseat....ever. I am one of the last of my friends to have children. It changes the game. When I used to visit my girlfriends with kids, I used to think, "when are we going to have time for just us??" Yes. It's hard to share. Now that I have Z, I am very aware of my time.  When someone comes to visit, I always try to carve out one on one time. Sharing the time with little ones is a necessary thing--but it isn't easy. However, your true friends will understand and they will intermingle with them as well. Life is constantly changing...so are the players. I miss the simpler times as well. But, I know it will get easier down the road, too. The child bearing years are just hard. You lose some of yourself in order to gain more.
I'm being beckoned as I write to come color. I must go.

No comments: