Saturday, May 12, 2012

I wish I liked sushi.

My wishes today.

I wish I'd gone with Bill to the farmer's market downtown so I'd know how to get there and such. And I would've had that memory.

I wish I hadn't cut my hair so short.

I wish I'd started baking earlier in life.

I wish I'd been smarter about things and therefore not get so irritated when I see that foolishness in others.

I wish I would've gone further with my film degree.

I wish I understood why bad things happen.

Yesterday it was a gorgeous day. I sat out with Melissa next door and enjoyed the sun. Jason came over for a bit and even Z kicked around the soccer ball in her yard. Bill was missing.

The ones we love will always be missing. I don't know what happens after we die, but all I can hope for is to see all of the people I miss on a daily basis. I want it to be a reunion. But I want all of our spirits to be there. Bill shouldn't have to wait for Melissa to join him. Time should be irrelevant. Grandparents should have to wait for their grandchildren. Love connects all of us. It should continue to connect us. We should be able to be with our lost children.

A random thought process, I apologize. It's just that loss never goes away.

The sun is lighting up my Japanese maple and I'm thankful for how beautiful it makes my window. All we can do is try to see the beauty of each day--and do our best to be as happy as we can for ourselves and for those around us.

It's BLT's for lunch today. That makes me so happy I could pop. I'm off to the grocery store.

On a side note, I watched Breaking Dawn last night. Awful. One of the worst. Then I watched Young Adult. I suppose it was a good film, but it was so damn depressing I couldn't appreciate it. It was awkward and frustrating...well done by Charlize. Ugh.

No comments: