Monday, May 07, 2012

A good day.

It was a cloudy day. I felt relief from it. The air was calm and warm. Rain came later, but until then it was just relaxing. I got some projects done I needed to do. I got quotes for some demolition work we need done and some landscaping. The neighbors on the street are stepping up their game as far as landscaping and house upkeep--we realized we probably should do the same. Plus, it feels so good to be proud of your home instead of a bit embarrassed by it.

Z is still working on her bedtime. Kansas really messed her up. She had a few yawns at 7...that's progress. We are slowly going to get her back on track--it takes a while.

I'm getting back on track myself. I felt almost organized today. I started listening to an audio book--don't laugh--Prime Time by Jane Fonda. It is not intended to be read by someone my age. I realize that. However, I still find it very useful. She speaks from so much life experience and I think the lessons should be learned now...instead of waiting. Plus, it gives me some insight into my parents. I think that's important as well. I'm ready to be older and wiser. This stage of life is damn hard. It's by far the hardest stage yet. I suppose when Z is a teenager, I will wish these years back. I really can't imagine it. It's very obvious that she is going to give us a run for our money in every stage of her life. She has no fear. She is extremely confident and bright. I see good things for her. She will be fun to watch and learn from.

I think I'll make some tea and relax a bit. I have some cards to write, some lists to create and some hair to dye.


No comments: