Friday, May 18, 2012

time to get out.

This morning Z and I are headed to Wickham farms for Tales and Tails. They read a story and then bring out an animal for the kids to pet. It's still a bit chilly, but it's suppose to be a warmer day. I'm ready. I flourish in warm weather--much like a tomato. :)

The week has been low key. We are planning our trip to Chicago--trying to figure out each day without over planning and being miserable trying to stick to a schedule. It's our 5 yr anniversary. It is definitely an interesting thing--marriage. You learn a lot more about yourself than you think. I thought marriage was about being with someone else...focusing on them...building your life side by side. For me it's been about learning about us as individuals. We're partners in life...helping each other through it instead of googling over each other like it is in dating. You see how each of you struggle and how you make it through. It's a great lesson in being human. Before, I was pretty focused on myself--now, I am almost taking a Master's class in someone else's journey. It can be cool to watch--and easier on you if you think of it that way. The first year was the hardest for me. I never realized how much I though only of myself--it was hard to include someone else in my plans. Even when I dated...I had MUCH more alone time. Now, going to Kansas without him is somewhat a relief for me. "Oh yeah...I know how to do this!" It's nice for him to come for a while and then leave. (awful??) I just like to have one on one with my friends--it's hard to have good convos with too many people about.

Chicago will be nice. Z will stay in Cleveland and we can focus on each other...and eating. Chicago has such great food. We're staying at The Drake--we like the vibe there. It's old school. We've stayed there once before and I felt like my grandparents would turn the corner at any minute as young people. It was like we were back in time. So cool.

Okay, time to be an exemplary mom and take my child out into the chilly morning to see farm animals with all of the other happy, smiley, annoying mothers!


Sidenote: Jason spent his new watch/road bike budge on Facebook stock this morning. I'll let you know if we become millionaires. We've made $100 so far.

No comments: