Monday, August 13, 2012

Happiness and reading.

It's Monday. The weekend was nice. We went to the beach. I loved it. I'd never been to that particular one (Durand-Eastman). It was tree lined and you could imagine yourself finding it and it being all yours...aside from the other people and the life guards. The others around here are very city. Not my thing. I sat in my chair and watched J and Z play in sand and waves. I felt happy. That was the second time I took a mental note of happiness this weekend. The first was the day before. The temp was perfect. The sun was out. I was out on my deck reclining with Gone Girl--the book I'm reading. The trees waved slightly and I was relaxed. We had date night out that night--a long dinner outside. All the food was so good. We laughed. We talked. We caught up. It was great. (We also had a babysitter.) The weekend was good for the soul.


Today is more cleaning. I feel that is all I do sometimes. But, I think that is what most people do when they little ones. My energy is low. I've already taken a nap this morning for an hour while Z amused herself with Nick Jr. I am short of breath. I have 70 days to go. I'm doing my best with the iron...but I feel like I'm failing still. Jason is frustrated as well. I huff and puff and he freaks out thinking I'm WAY over tired than I should be. Maybe. It will all be ok.

Z is having a snack. Cheese and crackers. She started her morning by eating her weight in chocolate cookies. Her bedroom is near the kitchen...and she woke up and helped herself. Jason cleaned up the mess--thank goodness. It was not the way to start the day. She was proud of herself though. But, then, who wouldn't want that for breakfast?

My life currently is ruled by when I can get back to my book. It holds my attention which is hard to do. I'm confused and wondering what is up. It's a mystery. Things are starting to seem odd...we'll see how it turns out.

Pick it up for yourself and dive in...



No comments: