Tuesday, September 11, 2012

all over

The week is slow. The days are slow. My belly is big. The weather is getting much cooler. The election race is getting dirtier--and that is getting old. It's going to be a close one. I see both sides, I do. I can see why people would vote for Romney...and Obama. (I still want Obama) But I understand the opposing viewpoint much more at this age than I would have before. I'd like to think I'm trying to be more open minded and considerate of peoples' feelings. There are a few issues in which I am not budging, but there are others in which I've really changed my views. (Is that vague enough?)

On a lighter note, I watched The Voice for the first time last night. I enjoyed it. I am boycotting American Idol and will not watch it. I'll be tuning into The Voice and The X Factor. I have no use for Mariah Carey or Nicki Minaj (I had to look up how to spell her name). I'm a singing show person...not so much on dancing for some reason. I've always wanted the ability to really belt it out--but I don't have it. That's probably the one talent I wish I had--to really be able to sing. I think the voice is so powerful. I've always been in awe of my friends that can sing. And I dig a guy that can--Jason sings around the house to joke around, but I can tell if he really tried, he'd sound pretty good. (Deep down he really wants to be a singer, too.)

I just have random thoughts and facts today. My internal dialogue is a little scattered. I go from lying in bed doubting my mothering capabilities ("I can't do this, I'm not good at this...I'm going to screw this up") to feeling guilty for not liking pregnancy, to being frightened of losing loved ones, to being in awe of how good my life is... (I know, bipolar, right?) I'm chalking it up to hormones and leaving the bipolar thing in the past.

No comments: