Wednesday, September 19, 2012

If you don't like it, just don't say anything.

The chill has set in. It is comforting. Hot chocolate evenings are nice. And...the fireplace will come into use again.

We have our name...we are happy with it and few others. Some love it, most don't say anything--meaning they don't. Oh well. She is named after an author. I like that. Her middle name is not from the family either, but comes from something Jason and I love--a season, actually. No one reads this, really...it's Harper Autumn. Shhh...don't say anything. :) Harper is after Harper Lee. (To Kill A Mockingbird) I realize that some have no idea who that is--well, I didn't know that until recently. Coming from a very literary family, I took for granted that everyone would automatically know who she was. Autumn is from the season. It's J and my favorite time of year. We live in an area where it is very celebrated. Our yard is full of trees...it's a season of change and holidays. We love it.  Z loves Harper's name and uses it all of the time in referring to her sister. I suppose there is a 1% chance that the name could change before she's here...I hope not.

Our guests start arriving in a few weeks. I'm thrilled, actually. I think a lot of people get stressed out by visitors. Not me. I love that people feel at home here and like to visit. I love having people around. Honestly, that was one of the reasons why I wanted to have another baby. This house just needs more people, ideas, conversation, love--I look forward to lots of conversations with my daughters. Z needs someone she can talk to who aren't her parents and who knows where she is coming from. She needs a confident. She needs a giggle partner and someone to keep her secrets. I realize that some sisters are not good at this--I am living in my dream world of perfection for as long as I can.


1 comment:

Motherhood Mayhem said...

I think it is a great nam!