Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I'll think about it tomorrow.

I'm still recovering from whatever sickness I had that had me throwing up 11 times. And the snow is coming. 4-8 inches. The more the better. Why not. I have no where to go, might as well have something to look at. Mom and I are going to see a new musical at Geva on Friday night. It is a rock musical with book and lyrics by Brian Yorkey and music by Tom Kitt. Its story concerns a mother who struggles with worsening bipolar disorder and the effect that her illness has on her family. The musical also addresses such issues as grieving a loss, suicidedrug abuseethics in modern psychiatry, and suburban life.--Wikipedia.

I'm looking forward to it...a nice HEAVY production ought to lift my spirits.

It is almost 5pm and the snow is not here yet. hmmm.

Mom leaves on Sunday. Then I have a month until Dustin gets here with Ryan. We haven't just been us for a long time. We'll see how that goes. :) It's just been so helpful to have an extra pair of hands. 

I'm not going to think about it. That seems to be what I do lately, just put thoughts on the back burner. I'm so Scarlett right now. There is a lot going on and I can't keep up with it emotionally. I figure, I'll deal with each drama one day at at time. Jason's dad is sick. My dear friend Becky is having major surgery. My grandpa isn't doing well at all. I'm in NY...with  my hands tied. It's hard to be so far away--and yet, I may have some perspective that will help in the long run.

I need a good book to read to continue in my ignorant bliss....anyone have any suggestions?

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am reading "Bringing Up Bebe" by Pamela Druckerman and it's really interesting and well written. I wish I'd read it when I was pregnant or had new babies, but I'm enjoying it a lot now.