Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Just me....writing in Starbucks...

So, it's just me now. No class prompt to help me write...just do it. If you are a writer, then you just do it. I'm a writer. A scared one. A hesitant one. An unpublished one. But a writer, indeed. It's because I have to write it all down...I can't wait to write down my thoughts. I see something happen and I think...damn, I need to write that down. Like the other day. Harper was at the table eating Pirate Booty as her snack. I was doing the dishes.
Hey Mom...
Yes?
Remember when I threw water at you...
Yes...but you said you were sorry.
It still wasn't nice...
It's okay.

I go back to the dishes.
Hey mom.
Yes Harper
You always make your daughters happy.

I melted a bit. I told her that that was a really nice thing to say and that I appreciate it. We have our moments when we aren't happy...when I get upset.

Yeah...but it's because we didn't listen.

I'm reading a book--The Gift of Failure. Listening to it rather....and it's great.
I'm doing so many things wrong...but I do a lot right according to the book.
Another parenting book.
I don't seem to feel my "gut"...I need to find it.

No comments: