Thursday, May 11, 2006

Well, I love a rainy night....


So you managed to make it rain today. Thanks a lot. I tried to make it so I could play "Have Fun, Go Mad" from Sliding Doors on here, but it didn't work. I remember listening to it in our back yard summer of 1998...that and that "Wannabe" Spice Girls song. Thought that would be funny, too. Couldn't figure it out, sorry. Saw Sarah...she came through last week. I had breakfast with her. She was going to have tea with her mom and your mom. I haven't heard from her since. She looks good...she always looks good. She still loves Seattle...makes me want to move. I like Chicago and all, but I don't want to spend my life here. Do you think you would've? I know you loved it here. I kind of see myself somewhere else though. Maybe overseas for a while...maybe on the east coast, though I hate the cold. I'd love to be near mountains...but J's never mentioned mountains so I'm not sure how he feels about them. Who doesn't like mountains? I'm going camping soon...(please hold the rain off). Hopefully we'll be around some thick trees and hills...I'm just so sick of flat. Sarah said Becca is moving to Seattle soon. She didn't have a really good girlfriend out there, so that's good. We did talk about Scott...she says that she would freak out if he fell in love with someone. (else) I guess they talk about getting married...or something like that. Would that be weird for you? She said she's fine with the fact that you were his first love. I assume if you were here, you wouldn't be cool with that. I was thinking about our apt. on New York St. today. (well, i think about it a lot) Remember the ant problem? Everybody hated that apt. Not sure what I was thinking there really...I guess I just saw really big rooms. My room...well, our room, had the exposed brick and I liked that. The bathroom was slanted...and then we found that dead baby mouse. That was freaky. I can't remember if you found that or if that was Becky. You bitched me out in that bathroom. I was hanging out with that Jessica girl (going a little crazy on road trips) and you let me have it. I don't even remember where we kept traveling to...but I went quite a few times to meet up with boys. That was insane. You told me I was acting immaturely...yeah, I was. I think that was during the Danny crap and I just wanted to have fun. That year was whacked. I was going to move to New Orleans that year too. THAT was messed up. You were right about Paul. He was evil incarnate. You know...I do feel that if you were here...if you just showed up at my apt (which i dream about all of the time) we'd be exactly where we left off. I can still hear your laugh. That's nice. I just wanted to say thanks for yelling at me to grow up as much as you did. I'm getting closer. I think you'd be happy with my life right now. Sarah mentioned something to me too. "You're easier to be around now." I almost thought it seemed like a backhanded compliment. "You're calmer...happier...more yourself." I guess I was a bit out of control there for a while. I was either all about having too much fun or just completely wiped out. I'm lucky to have the friends that I had growing up. I have a couple things I'd like to talk over with you. If we were together...in Lawrence, I'd have us meet at Freestate and you'd order the "wheat" and I'd probably get the oatmeal stout. They built a Gap across the street. We could go shopping there afterwards. Then we could go see a movie...I can't remember your favorite movie or your favorite actor, sorry. I can't believe I don't remember. huh. I'm no longer a fan of Tom's. He lost his mind...and is sleeping with Joey. whatever. Wait...was it ben or matt? Kort likes Matt. hmmm. I'll have to call Sarah.

There's been a lot of conversation about addicting t.v. shows with my other friends. I'd like to guess what you'd like. Lost, CSI, (yes, probably you'd still be watching reruns of Nash Bridges), 24, House, The West Wing and Alias. Funny thing, I don't even watch allof those shows. I just know you'd like them. That's kind of cool. There's a band out called Coldplay..you'd love them, too. And btw, cutie little Lindsay Lohan...the little darling we loved in The Parent Trap...yeah, she ended up a little trampy. I included a pic so you could see. Bizarre!



Well, not a ton to say, just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you today. Didn't want you to feel alone.

Looks like it's going to be raining for quite a few days here...I know you like rainy days, but come on...

love you,
me

p.s. you remember that list you told me to write out? i kept it...and it came in very handy. You'd be amazed.

No comments: