Monday, February 22, 2010

The Land of Cleves






We had a trip to Cleveland over the weekend. It went splendidly. Z had a minor meltdown right before we left--this is sad, however it enabled her to sleep ALL THE WAY to Cleveland! And! Her diaper was barely wet. (This makes me feel good since I didn't dare wake her to change and no rash happened due to my laziness.)

She met an aunt, an uncle and a great-grandma for the first time! She was stellar. Smiles and coos all around. Whew! Everyone loves her and comments on what a good baby she is. (I'm boasting a bit, sorry) Jason had the new camera. I won't even tell you how many stinking pictures he took. It's frightening. I'll post a few. He's in love. (with his daughter and his new camera) It was a good weekend for us. We talked all the way there and back. We put things into perspective about our life and how good it is. We had to have a bit of a reminder as stresses have been mounting about lots of money and regular life stresses. He left for Pittsburgh this morning for 2 days. Ugh. Z and I will veg out tonight and probably watch Inglorious Bastards. We're trying to get as many Oscar noms in before Dustin gets here. I'm just going to miss some.

Angie and Mike are coming this weekend. Jason and Mike are going skiing while Ang and I stay warm in the house talking and drinking. It's nice to have relationships with girlfriends you've known for so long. Our history is LONG--since we were 5. I always thought she'd be an architect of homes. In grade school she drew my dream home. She also used to do portraits of people in the class. She never took art in high school though. hmmm. I should ask her about that.

Anyway, the day is just beginning. I've of course cleaned the kitchen already and my first load of laundry is in. Z is waking from her swing and I have much work to do in Excel.

.

No comments: