Monday, February 22, 2010

life in the woods



My cardinal. I can't get too close to him! We need a zoom lens. He comes to visit every day. Today he brought his wife but she was too shy to be photographed. I find myself looking for him every day--almost as if my day isn't complete unless I've seen him. He doesn't feed at my feeder, I'll have to get a special feeder for him. Z likes him as well. She thinks he comes especially to say hi to her. He probably does. The snow is falling again. It's pretty, but causes all of my bird friends to seek shelter and no one flutters by. The deer come so early that I don't get to see them. I see their tracks by our bedroom door. At times, when I've been shut in here for days, these are my only friends. I'm actually very attached to them. There is a small fox that comes around once in a while. I see his paw prints. I've only seen him one time. I'm hoping he is safe. We don't have many cars, but I worry about him.

I need to plant roses in the spring.

.

No comments: