Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thoreau(s) of Passion


ok, she is no longer the perfect baby. Yesterday went fine...she slept, smiled,cooed and slept pretty well at night. Today, she is whiny, needy and is driving me nuts. She can't be put down. She wants to sit on my lap as I work. I did let her cry for about 15 minutes before I came and rocked her to sleep. Bad Mommy has been born. Jason won't be home until late tonight. I can't get a damn thing done. I played dress up today in order to make the day more fun. I have camel colored knee socks with a brown skirt and a stretchy thin pink shirt (damn breastfeeding)--and occasionally I've put on my snow boots. I had to refill the bird feeder, take the mail down to the box and then knock off the heavy icicles from our roof. Jason was worried they would take down our gutters. On the way back in, I scooped the walk. Yay me. Z took a 25 min nap to enable me to do this.


She is sleeping now...after being on my lap as I tried to IM my boss back and forth. He wants me to research a free online project time tracker. Most are for individuals that I've found. I need one for a group to share. I think I found one--we'll see if he's impressed or not.


The snow is melting. I can see the deer on the other side of the woods looking for food in the dry patches. I put out some cracked corn in our dry patches, but I'm not sure they'll eat that. The chipmunks will...and the birds. It's so quiet here. I enjoy the birds in the morning. It reminds me of waking up at my grandparents house as a kid. I do miss the sound of the trains in Chicago. We used to live right by the station...and it rattled our windows a bit at night. We felt so "city" and cool. It was sexy then. Everything was sexy then.
Walden is beautiful and serene, but I miss sexy.

1 comment:

Kortney said...

Love this post. I see the serenity of home and feel your adoration for Z, but you are being raw and honest.