Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm sorry.

I've been watching a robin put together her nest in one of our bushes in the back yard for about 2 weeks now. Each day, for hours I would watch her make journeys back and forth. I was invested...feeling a motherhood bond with her. I couldn't believe how tirelessly she worked. I felt so happy that she'd decided to build her little home to raise her chicks in my yard. We were two moms trying to do best by our babies.

Today...the Spring clean up crew came. I popped out of bed and ran up the stairs to let them know about her nest...it was too late.

Ok, this is crazy, I feel so awful. Just sad, like I've let my little mother down...I know this is being a bit too involved with nature--but I still feel horrible.

Shit.

.

1 comment:

Kortney said...

Wow. I'm saddened. However, mothers are resourceful... so don't count her out.