Wednesday, May 05, 2010

It's amazing what 5 months can do



for your life. She's been alive for just a short amount of time, yet...my life is forever altered. We had a big talk today in her room. I told her about my room as a kid. She sat on my lap and listened very intently. I told her about the toys I remembered having...and the posters I had. I told her about types of people she might encounter and how to deal with them. I told her about some of my biggest regrets...and how she should try to live life big enough to have some of her own. "Don't play it safe...especially with love. You might end up crushed, but you can't build a strong heart doing it any other way." I sang to her a bit. We went for a walk. I told her about my hometown as we circled our block. "Mommy could walk from one side to the other of her town in 25 minutes." She didn't believe me. I told her I only graduated with 23 people. She laughed. I told her that her daddy takes longer to get ready than I do. She nodded. (She must have observed that already) I told her that if she does it right...in her life she'll have the most amazing friends from childhood to adulthood. She looked at GiGi (her stuffed Giraffe) and kissed her.

No comments: