Tuesday, May 11, 2010


It's that day again. The day when I look at the calendar and am amazed at how much time has gone by since you've been gone. It's not an anniversary...those are celebrated. It's more of a day of remembrance. I remember. You are in the frames in my house and when I glance to my right, you are hanging on the wall by my desk. It's the pic of us in SJ...a town you thought was charming. We spent our day eating downtown and running along the tops of the sand piles outside town--you, Sue and me. We spent time at my Grandpa's...drinking and laughing. I miss your laugh.

My daughter has pretty blond hair like yours. I'll teach her how to use rollers. I'll teach her to iron--as you pointed out was very important. I'll teach her to go slow with boys, but be boy crazy just the same. I'll teach her to be the voice of reason to her friends--as harsh as that voice may be. I'll teach her to laugh loudly and wear a big floppy hat to the grocery store. I'll tell her all about you.

Love you my friend.

No comments: