Thursday, July 22, 2010



So, the eggs were Cardinal eggs instead of Robin eggs. They sure seemed blue to me. The chicks hatched yesterday morning. When I took the mail out, there was one, an hour later, all three had hatched. Then, the storm came. I was so worried about the small, naked three that I held an umbrella over the nest during the BIG downpour. They made it through the night and have a little bit of downy covering now. Whew! I'm going to be heart broken if all 3 don't make it. Jason said I was interfering with nature, but he was the one that rigged an umbrella to a tripod to hold it while I went to the doctor. (He's a softy)

The doc's visit was inconclusive. They did some blood work. We'll see. My feet ached all night and today. My hands are a little sore. 14 ibuprofen should do the trick--or thinks the doctor. Today, Meryl has to go to the vet. We're all falling apart! She's been wetting outside the litter box. That's always a sign that she's not feeling well. Ugh. She gets so nervous there. Her heart beats so quickly that every vet says she has a heart murmur.

The day is beautiful. It's not too hot. It's partly cloudy. The chicks are thriving. My flowers are getting sun after a day of rain. My daughter is pretty in her little blue dress. My mom and I are having a Mad Men marathon as I clean Jason's office. (He's gone today) My husband is as handsome as Don Draper, but not the asshole. Life is good.

No comments: