Friday, August 27, 2010

Top 10 thoughts of my week...

I do think about other things than my daily duties. When I blog, these things tend to slip away and I ended up writing about whatever. Then, slowly, the thoughts creep back in and keep me from sleeping. So...I wrote them down.

Here are the Top Ten thoughts that kept my mind busy this week--in no particular order.

1.

5 years since Katrina. I remember watching the footage in my Chicago apt and crying. I didn't know what was going on until the damage was done. I worked downtown and never watched the news. I finally turned on the tv and saw the devastation and couldn't believe it. My step-mom went down to help with those in Misssissippi...and I was jealous. I remember having the feeling of wanting to drop everything and go. Seeing the Super Dome and the craziness. I had been to New Orleans years before...it was surreal to see it under water. All of the people just floating in the streets. I still can't believe it.

2.

My husband. The fact that he left work at home and drove with me to DC last week to be with my family as we dealt with Harry's death is something I will always remember. He took care of Z while I wandered the hospital and tried to be supportive to my mother. As soon as I got the hospital, I went to Harry's room and held his hand for a long time. We had a day or so to say goodbye before the machines were turned off. Jason consoled the family and dealt with Z's every need.

3.

The Rachel Zoe Project. I caught the first couple of episodes of this season and loved diving into the fashion world. It's so glamorous and stressful. Rachel reminds me so much of an old friend and it's fun to pretend we're hanging out. (I know that sounds weird) I sit and think, "I could do this...I could be her assistant...if I had another me, I'd go do that." Running around NY, LA, Paris and London...yeah, I think I could.

4.

My poor cat and her poor bladder. This kept creeping in because I had to keep cleaning up after the poor girl.

5.

Little Miss Z. She is as needy as she's ever been and in fact we, again, caved in our attempts to get to sleep in her crib. She cried for over an hour and we were exhausted. Tonight is Friday though...and we'll work this weekend on making her stay. Ugh.

6.

My friend Lisa. I found out she's pg with her 5th child and I'm filled with...well, honestly, jealousy. I'm wanting to have another and the thought of her life in 25 years makes me filled with envy. How amazing. Their house will be FILLED to the brim at the holidays. I always think of The Family Stone. Fun times. (I'll admit, I probably won't be as envious for a while as I believe she'll have 3 in diapers at the same time.) I just learned this info last night by seeing pics on her website. I haven't even spoken to her yet. Yay Lisa. Love you.

7.

My mother. Her pain right now. Her ability to write a beautiful obit. I miss having her around the house. I know she misses us, too. She starts school this week. Her students are lucky to have her, but I'm ready for her to come back!

8.

Andy Warhol's Interview Magazine. I've been going through all of my old issues and reading old interviews. The photos are amazing. Having the interviews done by other well known talents is pretty cool. January Jones interviewed by Jack Nicholson, for example. My favorite was Gus Van Sant interviewing Tom Ford. This leads me into #9.

9.

Tom Ford. He is perfection. His film, "A Single Man" was beautiful and heartbreaking. Mom and I watched it when she was here. He is stylish, classy, gorgeous and has perfect taste. There are gorgeous scenes in that movie. I didn't know him in his Gucci days. Of course, it took a movie for me to notice. I'm so happy I did. (He's now in my closet as well.)


10.

Angelina Jolie. I hate this really, but I read an article about her in Vanity Fair. She annoys me, but I still have to read about her. Do I want to look like her? Sure. Do I want to have her life? Instead of mine, no, but I'd sure pop into it for a while. She, her hotty boyfriend, their 6 kids, living in Italy and shooting a movie with Johnny Depp. Uhh...yes, I want her life for a moment. She is my age. How is that fucking possible? I think we're weeks apart or something. That's amazing to me. I guess her mother was in love with Al Pacino for years. Huh.

1 comment:

Motherhood Mayhem said...

I feel like you are my family too, so come join in the craziness of my life any time you want!! :)
Love you,
Lisa