Friday, September 03, 2010

The Japanese Maple already has orange leaves!

The clouds are heavy. It might just pour on us. It's in the 80s for the last time in a while. The weekend temps should be in the high 60s. That's quite a drop. I'm welcoming the Fall, whenever it wants to get here. The leaves have already started to fall in the back. When the rain hits, they compete with the raindrops to see how many can fall and clutter our yard. Oh...fall clean up. I'm not a fan. I am a fan of the bright leaves on a dark day. They act like little stain glass curtains. September 22nd is coming quickly. Then, Rochester will be in its glory. New York (or anywhere really) in the fall...you just don't get any better. We're big on pumpkin patches and Halloween. We were thinking about a Halloween trip to Sleep Hollow, NY, but we'll just have to see about that. There is an adorable giraffe costume for Zo' that I'd love to get her. Last Halloween I was pregnant and NOT in a good mood. Here's how it goes--I'm excited for trick or treaters, but none show so I want to go see a movie with Jason and Jessica (his sister in from Cleveland). They want to wait a bit longer in case anyone comes to the door and I finally had had it and YELL "I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FUCKING LITTLE TRICK OR TREATERS!!"(and yep...the doorbell rings just that instant) The most adorable children hold out their bags. Did they hear me? I just shudder to think so. I felt awful.

No comments: