Monday, October 25, 2010

TV Detox...going well so far!

So, in my attempt to detox from tv, last night I didn't watch any tv. I didn't even check my dvr! (Mad Men is over for the season, so it wasn't hard) Today, I watched some Today Show but that's it. It's going well! And, I broke down one of Z's toys that she no longer uses and put it away, vacuumed and decorated the rest of the place for Halloween and Thanksgiving after a quick trip to Michael's. All this morning!! Z and I even stopped off at the Erie Canal to look at the ducks. It's gorgeous outside. The colors are popping and it's 70 degrees. It couldn't be more perfect.
Last night J put up the gates at the top of each stair while I updated Z's baby book. Look at all I'm getting done. It's amazing.
I'm teaching Z sign language after a recommendation from my friend Becky. She said it will help Z communicate with me before she can talk. She's a fast learner. She knows the signs for milk, ducks, stars and eat. Not bad. We'll see how much she can actually learn. It's pretty cool how quickly she catches on.

I feel like an overachiever today! (I don't normally feel this way...) But, there's a new Gossip Girl tonight. Laugh if you want...but it's a horribly addicting little show. May have to fall off the wagon for an hour tonight.

1 comment:

Bucket Trucks said...

Once you get used to not watching tv you find out how much more fun life is and how much you've missed out on.