Friday, November 12, 2010

Branching out.

Well, I've had 4 people tell me lately that I need to find a Mommy group. I've looked. I can't find anything near me. I registered at two sites and it seems to me that those are the wrong way to go. The groups in my area have 4 people in them...and haven't been active in the past year. Hmmm. I'm going to have to be more creative. Maybe they are hiding. An online group won't help me. How could it be that in an area of 1 mil people that there wouldn't be one I could find?? Am I not looking in the right place? I'll continue to go to Barnes and Noble and see if anyone wants to hang out with me. I feel like a new kid in school. "PLEASE be my friend!!" I seem desperate. It's embarrassing.

The week went quickly. I enjoyed the solitude in the evenings. I know Jason missed us, but he seemed to have a good time. He got an autographed picture of the Laker Girls. I don't have anything nearly as interesting to show from my week. Z is getting better on her feet, he'll see that. I've been reading my Nora Ephron book...and would have it finished by now if I wouldn't get tired each time. I haven't blogged because my mind has been somewhat blank this week. And I've been napping pretty much every time Z naps. That's been nice.

I know I need to be more social. Up to this point I really haven't been lonely--not that I am now. But, it would be fun to have some friends that didn't have to fly to see me. I feel like putting an ad in the paper. "Desperately Seeking Someone...Anyone!!"

1 comment:

Rubén said...

sylli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!