Monday, March 07, 2011

Up!

Last night I was obsessing about my annoyance with certain people in my life always playing the part of victim. I obsess more at night than at other times. I'd heard from a friend of mine that really was down and seemingly tired out by life. I know there are tough times, I am very aware of that. I don't have an issue with it. My issue is that some don't bounce back from those times. They almost wear them as a badge of honor. "Look at what I've been through..." They hold on to it for YEARS. (decades) Some define their lives by the difficulties they've had. (I used to be this way) They are always tired. They are always just a little bit down. Really? This is the way you want to live your life? I love the survivors. I love the people who shine on...and really are great examples of choosing to be happy. It is a choice to be positive and optimistic. I find great energy from those people. I look to them. Some of my friends have been to hell and back and you wouldn't know it. I know it from history with them. They don't go into it. They choose to look forward and live a good life. Those are the people I choose to lean towards. All of that baggage really drags you down and drags others around you down. And children will see it and remember it. They will start incorporating that feeling with you. Just think about it. Life is so short. I know awful shit happens, I do. It's the way you get through it and choose to live a positive life.

Sorry--it's just sucking my energy to worry about these people. I wanted to vent.

So, I'm getting my hair done today. The last time I had it cut was June I think. I'm staying with the dark hair. Spring is coming...I should go blond but I don't feel blond. I feel brunette. Whatever that means.

Have a great, positive and happy day. Even if it is still DAMN COLD...embrace it for what it is. Think...Spring will be that much sweeter.

3 comments:

healthy vending said...

Up! Up! Up! Up! Always Up!
no matter how many times you fall,
what matters is, how many times you woke up
kindle wifi

healthy vending said...

in our lives always have ups and downs, but one key is to give thanks daily for all we have

Waste Service

GAFlyGirl said...

thank you for this inspirational post. thank you!you are right, happiness is a choice. It may not come easy but it is our choice. thank you for this insiration. I am glad you vented. it is something I needed to hear, because I have been one of those people. Today is the day for change!