Friday, April 08, 2011

Spring...

Another poem by my friend, Ronda. She's inspiring me to write poetry, but I'm not ready to post yet.

Enjoy her work.

Pregnant with bloom,
Spring waltzes, fox trots,
does the tango and the
rumba past my window.
Ever changing weather
...patterns setting the cadence,
teasing into an expectant mood.
Cleaning the house,
sticking seed filled hands
into cold mud now joyous;
no longer a duty.
The cat carries bloodied,
freshly birthed bunnies
to drop at my feet.
Their screeching almost
drowning the glorious
colors that surround.
Scents, sweet and sour life,
bitter, pungent death, and
nostalgic hope fill my nostrils.
A gentle nudge of promise
and anticipation that
something good lies ahead.
A vacation away from winter
enough to set all in motion.
Robins jiggle, joggle,
hustle for worms to
shove down the throats
of newly hatched Chickadees.
Their mouths open so wide,
expectations of jaw hinges snapping,
as hungry for soaring as I am.

No comments: