Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Paranoia and Spirituality

Z and I are back from the gym and the park. I just ate a brownie. Hmmm. We left the park early after a man slowly made his way towards us. I felt like he was closing in...and since we were alone, I felt we needed to go. Better safe than sorry. Ellison Park is huge. It seemed odd that we were the only ones in that area. It reminded me of a story my mom tells about when we lived in Topeka, KS. I was probably 10. We were in line at Taco Tico (I miss Taco Tico) and a "strange" man walked in. I don't remember him. Mom said she got an odd feeling and told Wendy (15) and I that we needed to go. I didn't question it. Who knows. I do feel that if you have a strange feeling about something, you might as well trust your gut. I don't think many do. Who cares if you offend someone. So many women have been abducted because they didn't trust their gut. (And that's my Oprah moment of this post.)

It's gorgeous out. Not hot. 65 degrees I think. But the sun is shining and that alone makes me just want to be out in it. I used to worship the sun. My skin has paid for it. I have tons of freckles on my shoulders. I wish I didn't have any. We just aren't very aware of our bodies when we're young. We abuse it. We drink too much, don't sleep enough, run our joints into the ground by pounding on pavement and cook our skin until we look like leather dolls. (Ok, I'm exaggerating a bit) Living life seems to be hard on our bodies. They wear out and finally give out. It's a strange thing to think about. We just suddenly stop. Well, our bodies do. I'm a spirit person, so I feel we just go on. Jason isn't sure. I think he thinks it all stops and that's it. I don't know for sure, but I hope not.

While your heart is still beating today...go out and enjoy the evening if the weather is right. As we were walking I knelt down to Z and said, "Take a deep breath in!" (I showed her how and she mimicked) "Ahhh...fresh air! It feels good!!" She just laughed at me.




 **** By the way--
I heard today that Paul McCartney is playing Wrigley Field in Chicago this summer. I've seen him 6 or 7 times now. He's my absolute favorite. If he's playing near you--GO SEE HIM. Even if you don't know a single song. Talk about a spiritual experience. It's "tripping the live fantastic" and I highly recommend it to feed your soul.

No comments: