Sunday, August 14, 2011

Family departed...no therapy needed so far.

The month long family visit came to an end yesterday. 5 family members left...my mom remains until next Tuesday.

When I'm around my mom, I'm reminded of how much more learning I need to do. She's well versed in so many things that I feel I need to start reading more historical non-fiction. She was my HS history teacher...and she just retired from teaching after 40 years.

Tomorrow night there is a show on HBO on Gloria Steinem. We're going to watch it. Here's a perfect example. I know who Gloria is...I could pick her out of a crowd, but I feel it's probably important to know more details about her life and all that she influenced. I'm suppose to be reading Patti Smith's book, Just Kids and I haven't yet started. I'll get it tomorrow. So many influential women I really need to know more about.

I'm exhausted...and the house is so quiet now. Lots of reflecting. Lots of cleaning. Lots of uploading pictures. I look at them and realize Z will see what I see when I see pics of my childhood--happiness...and seemingly simple times. I want her to think life is simple for as long as possible.

(Here, Z is learning how to shoot her cousins with the hose...a great smile and memory.-- click on it to make it bigger.)



No comments: