Thursday, February 09, 2012

It was the best of times...

Today I am quickly writing out a class exercise and finishing up the rough draft of my 10 min play. It's sunny again...but chilly. The sky is a gorgeous shade of blue, so I won't complain that we still don't have snow. Class is tonight and I'm hoping to leave a bit early to get to Starry Nights cafe bar for a little sip of something before it starts. Last week Mom had a sort of wine slushy--it was...interesting. If they'd sold margaritas I probably wouldn't have gotten her to class.

We've gone to the gym each day this week. I'm hoping to get going here again soon. It's been nice to have this time with Mom. We go to the gym together...we sit at the kitchen table all morning and write together...we watch Downton together. It's good. She's really digging into her past for this class and it is fascinating to hear all of these stories I'd never heard before. Little mysteries of the family that she's wondered about. It'll be a time I will think about later in my life. It's a time of discovery on both our parts.






No comments: