Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Macca's back and so am I.

It's been a while--a week since I've written... Since then, I've turned 37, Paul McCartney released a new album, I've finally finished my idea for my 10 minute play and my mom arrived and is also working on her play. It's going well. My birthday was non eventful this year. I'm okay with it. I used to be BIG on birthdays...and maybe I will be next year. This year it was just wasn't in me to celebrate, I think I was too tired that day. The playwriting class is going well. I'm really liking it and finding it so interesting and fun. I also think it's helping Mom process some of the things she went through with her brother's death. She's writing about that whole situation. I shied away from writing about Bill and Lynn--I wrote a small two page piece about it and realized I wasn't ready to do that. Instead, my piece is about a woman who finds out that the group of friends she's had for a good number of years has been spouse swapping and she's the last one to know. As soon as it's done, I'll post it for you. It's funny, really. I am focusing on comedic beats throughout instead of getting so heavy. I felt it was too much pressure and it was dragging me down.

Still no real snow. This winter kind of sucks. I like huge snows and beautiful wintery days inside watching it all fall. I'm still hopeful. Today is sunny and nice, damnit.

Now that Mom is finally settled in, I'll feel like I can blog again daily. We've been watching Downton Abbey and writing each day.

BTW-- I am LOVING Paul's  new album. It is different than anything he's done. If you have time, you should listen to it. It's really relaxing and beautiful. I love him.


1 comment:

Stacey said...

Glad you're back, friend. I've missed you. :-)