Monday, March 05, 2012

Feeling...

Happy.
Made plans with high school friends for two weekends from now. He's coming from NYC, she's coming from Boston...we are meeting in Woodstock, NY at a cabin in the woods for a weekend of food, talks and laughter. That should be good for the soul.

Sad.
My mom left yesterday and I'm still adjusting to it. I've been cleaning and such to give the day some purpose. I miss spending the days with her.

Frustrated.
Z is in a very independent stage. She challenges us on everything and is very lippy. Goodness! Lots of time outs and talks. She knows how to manipulate. She knows how to turn on the charm. She's too cute. Damn.

Tired.
Winter is slowly sucking the energy out of me. I'm doing my best to not want to nap all day long. I nap with Z (when she does anymore...) and the rest of the time keep moving in order not to get sluggish.

Disgusted.
Gay marriage is such a hot topic. Growing up in Kansas, most of my FB childhood friends are probably against it. My Chicago friends are in support. My family is divided. Jason's family (but not Jason) is totally against it--we try not to bring it up. (I wouldn't have married him had he been against it.) My family is either in support or they just don't discuss. I watched this great (longer) video this morning and I found it so informative. I guess I'm just tired of the fighting. Maybe it takes knowing, loving, being friends with someone who is gay. I think to know and to love is to understand. The fear and ignorance of others wears me down.

If you have time, you should watch this:




No comments: