Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Me and TV

She sun is shining. The thermometer reads 64 degrees. Z played outside on the deck this morning. She's been stuck inside for too long. She's napping now before we go to Little Gym.

We are both a bit tired. We're both battling colds and fatigue. She only sleeps in our bed now. I don't mind really. I used to. Now, I find it so darling to come to bed and see her little body curled up in it. Also I'm freaking out about her growing up and am hoping that maybe some bed sharing my help with the bonding time. I want her to feel close to me. I want her to feel comforted. I used to crawl in bed with my grandparents and it used to fill me with such comfort and contentment.

Switching gears, let's talk about TV:

Smash: The writing is somewhat poor but it has moments of good entertainment. I watched the first 5 episodes and am deciding to keep watching. I guess that means something. The music numbers can be cheesy and manipulated. There are only about 3 people that can actually act on the show. But, I'm willing to hang in there.

Rosie: She has a show on OWN--a talk show type. I watched a couple episodes last year and it was not good. However, she changed up her entire format and now only has one on ones with people and it is so good now. Really. Her interviews are fascinating. I hope people catch on. It's the best talk show on TV right now.

The Bachelor: I don't watch this but everyone else does. I have watched past seasons-I admit that. I stopped because I felt I was wasting away. The guy is not so attractive this year. I'm not sure why I'm writing about this except that it shocks me to hear so many (intelligent) women watching it. I think it is a mental escape. It must be.

The Walking Dead: I am addicted to this show. Jason originally pushed us to watch this--I'm not HUGE on zombies, but this is really captivating. I know Bill used to watch it, too. Jason mentions Bill almost every time we watch it. You have to start from the beginning, really--but it is SO GOOD and it's about so much more than zombies. A lot of hidden meanings in there.

Downton Abbey: The season is over but I couldn't love this show more. Geesh. I can't wait. You should really check it out if you haven't.

The Good Wife: Love it.

Mad Men: It's coming back finally!!!! March 25th. It's been soooo long it's crazy, but I'm just as excited.

American Idol: I suppose this is my Bachelor. We are addicted to it. It's our family time. I have a crush on Steven Tyler.

Gossip Girl: I am the only one who watches this show. I'm convinced. It's ridiculous. It's a soap I guess. Love the clothes and the characters. It brings out my inner teen. (which isn't hard)

Parenthood: Love the writing. Love the characters. Love the set design.

House: Been crushing on Hugh Laurie for so long...why not keep watching.

The View: reminds me of my Mom. makes me miss her when I watch it. It also makes me feel as if I have more girlfriends here.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: This is Z's pick. It doesn't drive me nuts like Dora. It's watchable. It's on too much.

1 comment:

Motherhood Mayhem said...

I have been really enjoying Parenthood!