Saturday, May 05, 2012

Movie Post

Movies that move me...Part one.

To chill and relax:
Lost in Translation

The best in theatre movie experiences: (I keep adding to this...some great movies!)
The English Patient
The Goonies
Moulin Rouge (Probably the best...)
The Matrix
Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Pan's Labyrinth
Seven
The Ring
The Dark Knight
The Strangers (I was horribly afraid...)
Life is Beautiful
Priscilla Queen of the Desert
Pulp Fiction
The Abyss


The ones I laughed the loudest in the theatre:
Flirting with Disaster
Wedding Crashers

When I want to feel like myself:
Help
A Hard Day's Night
When Harry Met Sally
The Big Chill


When I'm lonely:
The Family Stone
Home for the Holidays
One True Thing
Sex and the City- The Movie
Practical Magic
Something's Gotta Give
Chantilly Lace

When I want to feel something:
The English Patient--my all time favorite.
Out of Africa
The Way We Were
Moonlight and Valentino
High Fidelity
The Color Purple
Schindler's List
The Myth of Fingerprints
The Ice Storm

To be inspired:
Shakespeare In Love
The Wonder Boys
Sliding Doors

When I want to get lost in it:
Gone with the Wind
Godfather 1 and 2
JFK
Amadeus
Bourne Trilogy
Star Wars Trilogy- 4,5,6
Lord of the Rings Trilogy

When I want to laugh:
Clue
Anchorman
Best in Show
Tootsie
Wedding Crashers
Flirting with Disaster
The Birdcage

When I'm missing my mom:
Notting Hill
The Way We Were
The Sound of Music
Mary Poppins
All the Presidents Men
Noises Off
Out of Africa
Gandhi
9 to 5

When I'm missing my dad:
Lawrence of Arabia
Absolute Power
The Outlaw Josey Wales
The Sound of Music
Seven

To feel like a teenager:
Reality Bites
Heathers
Dream A Little Dream
Say Anything
The Breakfast Club
Pretty in Pink
Goonies
Top Gun
The Lost Boys
Pump Up The Volume
St. Elmo's Fire






2 comments:

Motherhood Mayhem said...

Unfortunately, I remember watching The Ring in the movie theater.

Valerie said...

Yes...me, too. And that was the reason it was so fun! You were totally turned around in your seat!! so fun!!