Monday, August 27, 2012

I just made some cookies for comfort sake. Maybe it will work.

It's a cloudy Monday. The weekend was too short. We are slowly plugging away at our to do list. We are getting more comfortable with our name choice--but Jason isn't at 100% yet. Z has a little cold. She can't figure out how to blow her nose...or breath through her mouth. It's a little annoying. "Open your mouth and breath that way..." She just continues to snort.

I'm ready for cooler weather. I'm ready for the trees to turn and to go to pumpkin patches. I'm ready to meet this little girl. The change of season will be hopeful. At times, the endless warm, sunny days are no longer comforting, but tiring. I am never satisfied. (I could never live in California or Florida.) I crave constant change. "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."--Emerson.  This does not directly apply, but it popped into my head. Have you ever read Emerson's Self Reliance? I was introduced to it in HS and it had a great effect on me. Pick it up sometime.

I'm somewhat lonely. I'm content in my surroundings, but miss deep, long talks. I miss laughing with friends. I miss that companionship. I miss a quick run to eat or a movie. I miss my friends. Everyone is busy and have very full lives. I'm thankful for the promise of them just being out there--but I long for the connection. I don't feel this makes me less fulfilled in my marriage. Jason is a dear friend of mine. However, we are consumed by our daily lives...and we have a countdown to a major event that causes us to focus on tasks instead of being carefree. I want a weekend away from my baby bump...and my little family...and I want to sit, relaxing and laughing with a good friend. (This is probably because I know the next few months I will be tied home--happy, yes--but still away from my friends.)

(Little Vidmar, don't misunderstand when you read this. I can't wait to be with you--but the friendships you will make in your life will rejuvenate you. They will refill your soul. They will remind you of yourself. They will give you a nice little happy injection to project you forward into more of this, sometimes difficult, life.)

If you are near your friends--call one up and go have a quick bite, drink or laugh.

No comments: