Tuesday, August 28, 2012

secret revealed. shhh.

Last night I watched one of Oprah's Next Chapter's...on Kelsey Grammer. I wasn't sure about watching it because I didn't really like him. I never watched Frasier and his tabloid life wasn't that appealing. Well, it was a good lesson in judgement. Learning about his life was really an eye opener. His life struggles were shocking to me. He's dealt with a tremendous amount of tragic loss. He was well spoken. His new wife was as well. She was down to earth and very sweet. It was one of the best of those shows I'd seen. I didn't know anything about his personal life or how he grew up. I didn't know all the loss he'd had. I had never heard him speak about his addictions or hear his side of how his last divorce happened. It reminded me that I jump to conclusions about people too easily. (Are you laughing at me that I learned this from Oprah??) Well, I figure...wherever you learn it, as long as you do.

I took a 2.5 hour nap today after dropping Z off at school. It was glorious. Guess I was tired. The day was beautiful. Jason took a bike ride at noon and I got some chores done. We had a new turn in the name last night. The middle name has now changed to something completely different, but I think we've FINALLY decided on her first name. I'm almost sure that our parents/grandparents won't like it, but the younger generations should be okay with it. (no one reads this anyway...so, we're liking Harper for the first name.) There are MANY reasons for choosing this name. Harper Lee is her namesake. I believe the message she put out in a very turbulent time. We are still in similar times...and she represents how Jason and I think about human rights for EVERYONE.

I'll have to let you know the reaction we get when we finally tell people. Once she is here...it won't matter.

shhh until then.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo its me fireworkkps decided to check out ur othr blog and this ones pritty interesting would u lik me 2 adv.? Plz reply soon fire