Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I'll get there.

Well, I had another doc appt today. Still low on iron--I could've guessed. My mono-like symptoms are still prevalent. ugh. Baby is good. VERY active little one. We are still going back and forth on her name. We've narrowed it down to 3 I think. Jason is VERY scientific about it. He has a chart (of course he does) where he is noting the popularity, tease factor, meaning and origin. I go by my gut and heart.

So, I slept for about 2 hours today--than I did a mad dash to clean up the house and fold the laundry that's been sitting on the guest bed for about a week. I felt somewhat accomplished. (like it matters at all.)

I finished Gone Girl. Don't read this paragraph if you are going to read it.) I was glued to it until the very last page and then turned it to see "Acknowledgements." uhh...what??? That's it? THAT'S how it ends?! Yeah, pretty poor ending. It just stops. It was almost like she ran out of ideas...or didn't know what to do. So, that sucks.

I'm now trying to find a new book and keep on my reading course. I get out of it so quickly--I need to jump back in before I lose my gusto. I am enjoying the mystery/thriller thing. The page turners are working with my short attention span. I have a list of books that were recommended to me when I want to return to some type of "smart" book type. I was on a non-fiction kick for about a year. I love them. I've been filling that need with documentary films. I pretend I'm in a film class. I also need to dive into my writing creative non-fiction course. I'm just trying to keep cerebral. At times, I feel I'm slipping away into nothingness. I miss making my own money. I miss having a desk. I miss dressing up and talking to other people during the day. I love being with Z every day...I do. I'll love when the baby comes. But, I'm not fooling anyone by thinking I'm the BEST mom at home. I'm tired and irritable...and somewhat boring at times. I just pray she doesn't notice. Just get me to an age where she enjoys movies...I'll be great at introducing different genres to her. I'll be great at going to art galleries and discussing poetry and novels. I'll be great with board games and cards. I'll be great at girl weekends and talking about boys. But, I'm not so hot on play-doh, dolls and sandboxes.


No comments: