Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Women friends needed.

I was going through my DVR last night and finally watched Oprah's Next Chapter with Gloria Steinam. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot. So much woman power. The most fascinating to me was seeing where she lives. I LOVE seeing how people decorate their homes. It says so much about them. My house is still not me. It's hard to decorate with two people in mind. If it were just me...I'm afraid J wouldn't like my style choice. I'm more into Bohemian Chic. (like I really know what that means) It seems close.

I spent some time on the deck today reading and sunning. Z played with chalk under the umbrella and tried iced tea for the first time. "I don't like it Mommy--maybe when I'm older." ??? cracked me up. I'm frustrated with my book because I want to talk to someone about it! (Gone Girl) I don't understand why he won't answer his cell phone. The narrator isn't trustworthy. It's aggravating--and won't let me put it down at the same time. I don't want to google too much because I worry about spoilers.

The day is gorgeous. My Japanese Maple is rich with color...oranges, reds, greens. I can't wait for fall. Fall brings baby, Halloween, Thanksgiving and cooler weather. We have a name...I think. I don't think it will be very popular with the family--but I LOVE it. We are still going around on the middle name. I'm hoping the first name sticks. I'm just ready to have her named!

I need a book club here. I want it full of friends. I want to hand pick them from all over. My perfect club would be impossible--people are too spread out. Maybe an online one???

No comments: