Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Woody, Jane and me.

I'm taking a break from the sun. Z is watching some Nick Jr. We went to a new park this morning. I loved it. I love finding new places to go play. I get bored with the same ones. Problem was that it was a little too warm, so she didn't want to play very long. We took a scenic way home and got some ice cream and now she is chillin' indoors. I thought I'd get some sun, so I'm relaxing on the deck. I finished Woody Allen: A Documentary this morning. I was more about part 2--since those are the movies I'm more familiar with--but part 1 was more highly regarded. To my surprise they did cover his adopted daughter/wife scandal. It wasn't a major component, but it wasn't ignored. Yes, it's a bit creepy--but again, I focused on his work. His movies always make me thing I can write movies. I love his dialogue. I love the way he contemplates human relationships. I love how natural the thoughts flow--into non-natural situations. His perceptions are interesting to me. He digs into religion and love and how fucked up people are. I have visions of me writing something worthwhile at my kitchen table. I'm not sure when this will happen. I don't think it will be published...but I just want to finish something in my life. I want to have something left after I'm gone for my girls to read.

I haven't picked up a book in a while. I did listen to a good chunk of Jane Fonda's Prime Time in the car two weekends ago. I really loved it. I recommend it. I need to finish it so I can move on. My vacation from the gym has put a big dent into my "reading." Maybe I should go back...big belly and all.   It would be a nice little break, I could exercise, Z could play and I could feel like I'm feeding my brain again. I've been struggling greatly with low iron this pregnancy. The docs have yelled at me and I've upped my intake three times. I can barely get up the stairs some days without having to stop and rest. It's amazing what anemia can do to a person! I figured, if I can't even get up my stairs, how am I going to work out?

37 and pregnant isn't my cup of tea. I wasn't mature in my 20s, so this is the lot I have to deal with. I'm at 29 weeks--only 11 to go! I'm ready for the baby. (I even have a name--but am still working on Jason to approve.) I'm ready for the new challenge of motherhood. I'm ready to get some energy back--and my body back! I'm excited to see Z as a sister. She needs to understand that it's no longer the Zo' show. (We're getting a little cheeky)

Okay, maybe a few more moments in the sun...

No comments: