Saturday, October 06, 2012

up early

It's Saturday morning. Z woke me up before 6 to eat. I wasn't sleeping that well anyway. Jason fell asleep early and I ended up watching a movie unti late---Places in the Heart, with Sally Field. It's from 1984. I saw it in the movie theatre when I was 9. My mom always took us to see the movies she wanted to see. I barely ever went to kid movies. I saw age inappropriate movies (now that I look back), but I didn't know the difference. I feel it helped with my appreciation of film. They were very mature movies with mature themes and it seems at the time, I got it. I wasn't bored watching them. Well, the only one I didn't like was Passage to India. I thought that was boring. Oh, and Chariots of Fire--but I was 6. I remember watching The Color Purple--I would've been 10. I was glued. I really liked it. Talk about an adult movie! Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan was probably my favorite. I wanted to be Tarzan and live in the jungle. I wanted to be dropped off and I'd figure it out. Now I know about all of the creepy crawlies...no thanks. I'd never survive the bugs. YUCK. I find it funny that I wanted to be Tarzan and live with apes and not the pretty Jane. It never occurred to me. She seemed boring.

Mom comes in tonight. Harper seems to be holding on for her. As long as she is here, I'm fine with going into labor at any time! I would prefer it not be at night. I'd love it if the contractions started around 7 in the morning...or 8. I'd like it to be light out. I think it would help with my whacky anxiety. I've been waking up with the "night terrors" again. That is such a silly name. It basically means that I have anxiety attacks that wake me up and it is hard to breath. It's scary. I need to see a doctor after the baby is born. It takes about 45 mins to recover from a big attack. So odd. Looks like I've held off depression, but anxiety is just natural for me. I'm high strung.

Today we get out baby things--clothes, car seat, move the mattress back up in the crib, pack the hospital bag and such. I think Jason will feel better once that is all done.

The fatigue of waking up early is setting in. Let's hope Jason is ready to take his shift.


No comments: