Thursday, November 01, 2012

She's here and I'm back.

It's the day after Halloween. The last time I posted I believe I was very impatient about Harper getting here. Harper Autumn Bennington Vidmar got here on Oct. 20th at 2:10AM. It went well. I delivered on my side. Strange, yes? I thought it was. I had labor pains from about 3PM until my epidural around 9PM. That was enough. I applaud the women who do it naturally. I am not much for pain. When given the okay to push, I pushed for 14 mins and she was out. My only thought is...get her out here because I can't do this all night. She is beautiful. Her coloring is so different from Z's. Interesting. She looks more like I thought Z would look like--dark hair and blue eyes. Z with her beautiful blond locks and bright blue eyes...she must have gotten it from my dad's side.

Oddly enough, even though I hated (let's face it) pregnancy--especially the end--the thought of never going through it again saddens me terribly. Maybe it's my hormones? We want 2 and that's it. (But I can see how people have many  more.) The entire process is addicting. Labor just proves how strong you are as well as just getting through 9 months. The end result being this beautiful being who is just her own spirit and she is here because you wanted her--that's amazing to me. She's a very zen baby. The docs says so, we say so...she's just laid back and quiet most of the time. She takes in the world a lot for such a young one. When her eyes are open...she really seems like she can see?? She moves her neck around just looking about with WIDE eyes. It's pretty cool. Z is doing pretty well with her. She is struggling herself right now it seems. Tantrums are almost 2 a day. She loses her mind. She is fine one moment and then goes crazy the next?? It's making me doubt my parental ways. Am I causing this? Is this normal? She screams and repeats a phrase about a million times. ??? I feel like I need a professional to guide me.


Here are the girls. Sweet, eh? Beautiful. We are lucky. (click on it to make it bigger)

My mom leaves on Sunday. Yuck. The blog will be more regular now. I need to get back somewhat on a schedule for myself or I worry about getting the blues. I took down the Halloween decs and now am putting up Thanksgiving. The change of season--from the beautiful tress to snow is coming soon. Bring on the snow and the lights. I need them.


1 comment:

Motherhood Mayhem said...

Totally normal!! Sam is going through the same stuff. You are doing great so keep it up! What beautiful girls. I would love to come and see you!