Sunday, November 25, 2012

The power of twinkle lights

Trying to decorate for the second day. My exhaustion from being up at night is getting in the way. Plus, no one else seems to be as into it as I am. To have someone to decorate with is nice. Makes me miss my sister. Jason is so busy with work and school. Z's focus is divided. When the girls get bigger...this will be a great time. I am chasing a feeling of childhood. I always do. It could even be something I've made up in my mind. I want to create the same feeling in the girls. Having the family here for Thanksgiving was really nice. Waking up to the sound of grandparents...what a great thing. I miss mine dearly. This time of year brings that up as well--missing those who aren't here. It is a happy, yet gut wrenching time.

All I can do is try to make the girls happy. Give them great memories like I have. Fill the time with holiday music, lights and smiles. I want them to understand that this is a time of love. It is a time to feel at peace and to feel safe. It is the best time to be understanding and grateful. It's a time to appreciate all religions and traditions.

I want them to grow up open minded and kind. I want them to be mindful of others. I am trying to do the same.

Now, off to do more decorating...my effort to transform the house into a magical place for the girls to enjoy. Wish me luck.