Thursday, December 13, 2012

still

My mom flies in tonight. It will be nice to have her here. Christmas is just around the corner. I'm hoping I'm creating the feeling in Z that I had as a child. In less than 10 days, our house will be full of family. We will be playing games and eating...decorating cookies and laughing. I look forward to it. I want to take mental pictures. I know this isn't always how it will be. I know there will be holidays in the future where my heart will ache missing my parents. I will miss the girls as babies. I will miss looking younger. But, hopefully I'll be creating a feeling I can return to during those times. I hope to create good memories for my family.

Jason finished his classes for the semester. He did well. Of course he did. He's exhausted and behind in work, but it is done. Now...we head to Cleveland on Saturday morning when I wish we could just relax at home. I understand why we are going. But...man, do I just wish we could sit still for a minute.

How many times do you just sit still? Not watching tv or reading...but just with nothing. Just with yourself? Just breathing? I think it's something we should do more of.

1 comment:

żona programistry said...

Turn off the world it's not so easy :) but everything can be done if we are to such a need

Merry Christmas