Monday, January 28, 2013

one should never miss a nap

Mom left yesterday and I felt like a little girl lost. I'm better today. Even had dreams last night about waking up feeling so sad that she wasn't here. No matter how old I get, I get so attached to my parents when they are around. Being states away helps me a bit...I'd be too involved otherwise, I feel. I'm like that with most people though. I get addicted to them. I have a hard time separating myself from people close to me. It's a weird thing.

Harper is sleeping right now. I should be too. I am tired, but am refusing to give up the quiet time. Z is at Doodle Bugs. She is really getting the hang of potty training. She's got half of it figured out. The other half may take some time. (The messy half)

I watched the SAGS last night. I think I agree with their picks. Argo was a great movie. I'm still shocked that the Academy didn't nominate Ben Affleck. Oh well. They are strange sometimes.

I went to see Quartet with Mom on Saturday night. We loved it. Charming movie. Beautifully shot. Friday night we saw the play, Next to Normal. That was...interesting. I think I liked it. It was sort of a Rock Opera in a way. Not much talking...just singing. A lot of mental illness and heavy subject matter. Of course, it was dramatic on stage and off. I was sitting next to a person who was REALLY internalizing the material and sobbed mostly through the whole thing. Mom was sitting next to a drunk couple. The woman was blitzed and kept moaning and saying random things through it all. I laughed a bit. Mom was worried the woman was going to pass out in her lap. I'm pretty sure this was a normal thing for the couple. I'm not sure how he even got her out of there.

Today is cold and silent. It's rusty and white outside. I wish I could paint...I'd paint our back yard. It's beautiful in a cold/gloomy way.

Maybe I will try to lie down...seems like a waste if I don't.

No comments: