Friday, February 01, 2013

happy birthday to me.


It's Friday. There's a beautiful, wintery scene outside. Harper is sleeping peacefully downstairs. Z is at school. Jason is on the road. I'm cleaning and listening to music. The stark trees make me feel a little lonely, but no too bad. My birthday is tomorrow. 38. Unreal. I'm happy with my place in the world. I'm happy with the family I helped create. I'm happy with the friends that surround me--one way or another. I've had a rich life thus far. I'm a sponge. I feel music. I feel movies. I feel words on a page. I'm often brought to tears out of happiness as well as sadness. I'm still in love with my husband. I think he's hot. I think my children are beautiful.

I get tired sometimes. I get lonely. I get reflective. But, all in all...life is going as well as I could hope. I hope one day the things I don't understand will become understood. I hope I will see past loved ones again. I hope I get to travel more as I grow older. I hope I get to spend more time with friends who are far away. I miss them.


No comments: