Monday, February 04, 2013

38

Well, the birthday weekend was a success. Jason and I went out for a nice long dinner and then went to Barnes and Noble. After having a martini, I was pretty much done. Sad, isn't it? We were home before 10. The kids were both asleep and didn't wake up. It was great. J got me a nice warm jacket and a great card. It was so great to get out of the house. Z didn't appreciate the babysitter move, so she put herself to bed directly after she left. She is sometimes a bit anti social. Geesh. Harper was a doll...smiled and then fell asleep after a bottle.


Earlier in the day, I'd gone to the mall for an eye exam and stopped into Anthropology just to look. They had a sale where I found a FABULOUS dress that was originally close to $100 and I got it for $29! I got that and a coat (for over 50% off...or I wouldn't have been able to afford it) and wore it out on my night on the town! I will say that the dress was a magic dress (well, I also wore spanx) and made me feel fantastic. I almost looked pre-baby! Here it is below. Cool, isn't it??


Anyway, yesterday was Super Bowl--Beyonce concert day. We were laid back for most of the day. J got us wings and mozz sticks (really healthy) and we chowed down while trying to get Harper to sleep. It was a nice family night. Again, by the time it was over, we were both exhausted and fell asleep almost instantly.

Maybe this is why some have children before 30?? We feel like old people!

Old feeling or not, 38 is going to be a good year. I'm just going to believe that. I know there are some tough times ahead...I can see them...but I'm choosing not to deal with them until they are here. I'm going to try and be a better version of myself. (I keep trying year after year) Maybe I can get closer to the person I want to be.

No comments: