Wednesday, February 06, 2013

suck it up.

I've had an off day. I woke up horribly cranky. That's no way to start off. At times...we can just let things build and build and then, BAM..."oh, yeah, that upsets me." Well, it came in the middle of the night. Then it carried on with me to today. Sometimes talking helps these feelings. Other times, it doesn't. (Esp if it is something that has been talked to death.) So, as life treads on, so do we. I think I'm coming to accept that there are just things that upset us and we can't do anything about it. Being miserable about it is annoying to others and doesn't make for good wrinkles later on.

Oh well, I say. Move on.

As I sit here, my step mom is getting ready to say goodbye to her father. I can't imagine that feeling. I've had people close to me die, but I didn't know exactly when it would be.

As I sit here, my friend, Becky is recovering from surgery. She is in pain, nauseous and annoyed with it all.

As I sit here, I have a dear friend suffering in a strange marriage and none of us know what to do for her. We just have to see if they make it through.

As I sit here, many are dealing with a hell of a lot more than I am. Guess I know what to do...

No comments: