Thursday, February 28, 2013

visiting

Dustin and Ryan have been here since last Friday. I think they are getting a taste of what it is like to have to small children. They are doing well with it so far. They are loving Harper. Sweet baby. She is all smiles for them. Z is a crazy girl. She is fun though...until she gets tired. We went to the Museum of Play and to Bounce It Out. She is relaxing on the couch now. I'm hoping she is asleep soon. No nap means VERY cranky girl!

It's been a very relaxed time. They are getting married in December, so we've been discussing wedding plans. I'm D's "best person." It will be my 12th wedding! Goodness! I have another in November, too. It will be nice not to be pg this time. Find a pregnancy wedding dress last summer was not fun.

Jason has been super busy, so he's been a little out of the mix. He's exhausted. It sucks. He even slept through the Oscars! I think the show was fine. Seth was Seth. He's more GG material than the Oscars. I think Jimmy Fallon could do a great job. I agreed with the picks this year. Argo beating Lincoln was a little bit of a surprise, but I loved it. I haven't seen Lincoln yet.

It's been interesting talk wedding plans with Dustin. He's going to a "gay wedding show" in Chicago soon. It's a place to look over venues that are "gay friendly." I find it sickening that they  have to think about things like that. The fact that they have to go out of their way to find people that will work with them. It is JUST LIKE being black in the 50s and 60s. The ignorance of America really makes me sad. Zoe and Harper will not grow up knowing any different. They will know that love is love and everyone deserves to be happy.

No comments: