Tuesday, March 05, 2013

girls can do anything.

Today I built Z's art easel. (all by myself, thank you!) I told Z, "We can do this all by ourselves, we don't need Daddy to help. Why is that?" She would say, "Because girls can do anything!!" Yes. We can. A little lesson on not waiting for someone else to do it--do it yourself! (I think I needed this lesson today.) I'm horrible at directions, but I did it somehow. Very cool.

It is 41 degrees. Z is now coloring on her easel and Harper is asleep with Jason downstairs. He didn't get any sleep last night. ??? He has the same sleeping habits that he had in his teens. He can't continue to treat his body this way. It's annoying to me, but he also does NOT like being told what to do. I've stopped commenting on it. There is no use. I can't understand how anyone can even function like that. I am a sleep person. I thrive on it. I enjoy it. I have to have it to be a good person. Girls, don't marry a horrible sleeper...you'll sleep alone a lot. (However, he is a good person...and if he wasn't so kind and funny, I probably wouldn't have.) I'm a "touch" person. I need touch and cuddling and all that stuff. At this point in our lives, my girls are my cuddlers.

This time of life (I will say it again) is hard. Everyone is tired. Everyone is stressed. At times we yell. At times we are overwhelmed. At times we feel we are doing the worst parenting ever. But, it's all going to be okay. It will.

No comments: