Friday, January 10, 2014

UV twinkle lights need to be invented.

Look at me. 2 days in a row.

This weekend starts off the Oscar season--which means that I need to get to the movies. Jason sits with the girls while I go and see all my flicks. I don't mind movies alone...and sometimes, I'd rather. Tonight is Wolf of Wall Street. Tomorrow is a double feature of August:Osage County and Inside Llewyn Davis. I can't wait. Jason and I trade for time. He goes on bike rides (even in the cold!) and I see movies. It's a good deal.

Good movies help the winter along. Without them...it would seem just cold and joyless. Not really, but for me, it might. I look forward to Oscar season. I always know the theatres are packed with good films and I know that Dustin is on his way for his annual visit. Having annual get togethers are important. We try to have an annual 4th of July in Lake Placid and the friends and family seem to be growing in attendance for that. I think that as I grow older and my friends are far away with their own families and careers...you have to set aside time. Some aren't so friend-o-centric...but I always have been. My close friends are a part of my family.

The week has been slow going, but it's starting to get better. Last night I sat in bed and felt overwhelmed and tired. The night is the worst for me...in those moments I need to just turn off the light and go to sleep. My heart always feels heavier in the evening and a good night's rest can rejuvenate me for the next day. The day to day gets to me.

Seeing the brightly colored birds in the winter cloaked trees helps a lot. It's a nice spark of color. Hope.

I took the tree down before we left for FL. Today I have to tackle the rest of the decorations. It's a sad day. The comforting glow of lights around the windows at night always made me feel better. I'll just have to light more fires.

YES I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER!

It's awful.

Deep breath. Put on a mix from 8tracks.com and drink another cup of coffee even though it's horrible for me. whatever works. Harper is sleeping. Z is at school. It's time to be productive.


No comments: